Fall Apple Day Festival at Fort Riley
Apple Day is the largest annual festival at Fort Riley, with an average of 7,000 attendees. This free festival has events throughout the day on the Artillery Parade field and nearby areas.
Most years feature:
- Commanding General's Mounted Color Guard Demonstrations
- Static displays of helicopters, tanks, and other heavy equipment and machinery
- Museum gift shop and other vendors
- MWR and other informational booths
- Activities and games for the kids
- Food and beverage booths
- Historically garbed volunteers
Libby Custer's Apple Pies
The biggest attraction of the day is always the HASFR tent and Libby Custer's famous apple pies made from her secret recipe. HASFR apple pies are renowned by residents of Fort Riley and the surrounding communities. Our recipe comes from the kitchen of a notable resident of Fort Riley, Libby Custer, wife of the famous General George Custer (who resided at Fort Riley from November 1866 to Spring 1867). It is a single-crust pie with a crumbly topping. The money HASFR makes from selling pies is a HUGE contribution to the Society's efforts to preserve and maintain history at Fort Riley!
Apple Pie Pre-Sales
Apple pie pre-sales will be announced as we get closer to 2023 apple day.
Pre-sale Price: TBD
Pie at Apple Day: TBD